The following is a fail-proof formula for successfully combining accessories. Today's best dressed women are accessorized. Any eye-arresting feature is considered a POINT in this system. To be well dressed, a woman can wear approximately 16 POINTS. This formula takes the guesswork out of adding the "Finishing Touches" successfully.
Start from the shoes up . . .
1. Plain simple shoes are one point. Add an extra point for each eye-arresting detail on shoes. This includes open toes, open heels, bows, buckles or metal, chains, rope or multi-colors.
Color of shoe other than neutral must be repeated on the body in at least one other area: i.e., red shoes, red jacket or red in scarf and earrings.
2. Stockings are one point only if they are colored (other than natural skintones) or jeweled, patterned or dark seams.
3. A dress, skirt, blouse, or slacks is one point. Add an extra point for more than one color or extreme design.
4. Contrasting buttons, piping, collar, cuffs, ruffles, bows, and belt buckles are an additional one point each.
5. All jewelry counts as one point each. This includes watches, rings, bracelets, pins, etc. If jewelry is multi-colored or ornate, add an extra point. Two earrings equal one point, if they are simple. If they are elaborate or dangle, add one extra point.
Earrings are a necessity; everyone is unfinished without them. Earrings must balance with face shape, scale, plus be appropriate for the garment and occasion.
6. Scarves count one point, if a solid color. Two points or more, if multi-colored depending on color combination.
7. Handbags are one point, if they are simple. Add extra points for chains, buckles, initials, extra color, etc.
8. Hats and a pair of gloves are one point each.
9. Colored nail polish is one point. Add an extra point if toenails show and have nail polish.
10. Glasses are one point.
11. Makeup on is one point.
Ultimate Image Day ~ Shop & Learn ~ Closet Audit and Wardrobe Development
Personal Communications ~ Business Communications ~ How To Wear A Hat
Rules of Dressing ~ Don't Buy Those J Lo Jeans! Accessorizing ~ Am I Ready To Go To Work?
How To Have A Great Professional Presence ~ Ladies - Your Best Look ~ Guys - Your Best Look